Sandwell Admissions and Appeals Service
All admissions to school must be referred to the Admissions and Appeals Service and they will deal with all arrangements for admission into school and help parents with any school admissions problems. Please click on the link below to find out more.
How you can contact this service:
Digital Approach – Use our online service, which will allow you to self-serve, including applying on-line for school places and statutory appeals. It also allows you to download an application form for mid year transfers, statutory appeals should you prefer to complete the paper format. If you are having to make a late application for an annual admission, this form is also available to download from here.
E-mail - The School Admissions Service will provide you with a quick and efficient response within 3 working days*.
The e-mail addresses are as follows:-
This e-mail address is for parents who wish to apply for a new Year 7, Reception or Junior School place (Year 3), starting at the beginning of September, in the new academic year.
For parents of children who wish to change their child’s school or require a school place within Sandwell and do not fit into the category above
Any enquiries regarding a school appeal you have lodged
International New arrivals – If you are New to the UK and require school places for your children, please read this document.
Telephone – If you are unable to go online then you can contact us by telephone by calling our Parent Support Line on 0121 569 6765. Our opening hours are as follows:
Teams Meeting – If you wish to speak with someone face to face please call the above number or e-mail the relevant e-mail address above and an appointment will be made for you for this to take place
Face to Face – if you feel you wish to see someone in person please contact the School Admissions Service via one of the processes above who will arrange an appointment. However, we do recommend you try the other options open to you first as this may save you travelling time to the Council House and help relieve any concerns / worries you may have.
*Please note: this may take slightly longer in busy periods.
1. Children who are in public care and children who were previously in public care but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangement order or special guardianship order).
2. Children with a particular medical condition. Applications submitted under this criterion must be accompanied by a medical declaration form (ASU75M) signed by the child’s general practitioner or consultant confirming the condition, detailing the child’s needs and specifying why, in their opinion, the preferred school is the only or most appropriate to meet the child’s needs. All applications under this criterion will be assessed by the local authority to decide whether the child’s need’s can be met most appropriately by the preferred school.
3. Children having a brother or sister at the preferred school (not nursery) at the time of admission.
4. Children prioritised by distance measured in a straight line from a child's home* to the centre point of the school site.
In all cases, should the number of applicants exceed the number of places available, places will be allocated on the basis of distance between home and school, as measured in a straight line from home to the centre point on the school site with priority being given to those living closest to the school.
NB. Children with a Statement of Educational Needs or a Education & Health Care Plan (EHCP) (previously known as Statement of Educational Needs), naming a particular school will be admitted before all other applicants.
* Measured from the Local Land and Property Gazetteer address base for the property. In all cases, should the number of applicants exceed the number of places available, places will be allocated based on distance between home and school, as measured in a straight line from home to the centre point of the school site with priority being given to those living closest to the preferred school.
Below is the all the information you need about appealing a decision with regard to admission into Brickhouse. All appeals are handled for the school by Sandwell LA.