1. Children who are in public care and children who were previously in public care but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangement order or special guardianship order).
2. Children with a particular medical condition. Applications submitted under this criterion must be accompanied by a medical declaration form (ASU75M) signed by the child’s general practitioner or consultant confirming the condition, detailing the child’s needs and specifying why, in their opinion, the preferred school is the only or most appropriate to meet the child’s needs. All applications under this criterion will be assessed by the local authority to decide whether the child’s need’s can be met most appropriately by the preferred school.
3. Children having a brother or sister at the preferred school (not nursery) at the time of admission.
4. Children prioritised by distance measured in a straight line from a child's home* to the centre point of the school site.
In all cases, should the number of applicants exceed the number of places available, places will be allocated on the basis of distance between home and school, as measured in a straight line from home to the centre point on the school site with priority being given to those living closest to the school.
NB. Children with a Statement of Educational Needs or a Education & Health Care Plan (EHCP) (previously known as Statement of Educational Needs), naming a particular school will be admitted before all other applicants.
* Measured from the Local Land and Property Gazetteer address base for the property. In all cases, should the number of applicants exceed the number of places available, places will be allocated based on distance between home and school, as measured in a straight line from home to the centre point of the school site with priority being given to those living closest to the preferred school.
Below is the all the information you need about appealing a decision with regard to admission into Brickhouse. All appeals are handled by Sandwell Council.